Winners announced in Lawyers Feeding Illinois competition
The Illinois State Bar Association has announced winners of its Lawyers Feeding Illinois food and fundraising campaign whose goal was to raise at least one million meals. Lawyer teams and more than 2,000 donors raised in excess of 1,270,000 meals for the benefit of Illinoisans facing hunger in a statewide campaign held Feb. 18-March 1.
The competition winners will be honored at a ceremony on May 8 at the ISBA’s Chicago Regional Office. Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, whose office supported the campaign, will be on hand to help present the awards.
Law firms, individual lawyers and organizations to receive awards are:
- Hunger Relief Partner (Overall) and Large Law Firm Award: Attorneys’ Title Guaranty Fund, Inc., Champaign, $25,395 and 732 pounds of food
- Hunger Relief Partner (per capita) DuPage Solos, Villa Park, $2,540
- Mega Bar Association Award: DuPage County Bar Association, Wheaton, $23,682 and 23 pounds of food
- Large Bar Association Award: Champaign County Bar Association, Champaign, $8,740
- Medium Bar Association Award: Vermilion County Bar Association, Danville, $2,231 and 84 pounds of food
- Small Bar Association Award: Warren County and Henderson County bar associations, $1,425 and 97 pounds of food
- Mega Law Firm Award: Heyl, Royster, Voelker and Allen, P.C., Peoria, $12,849 and 2,547 pounds of food
- Medium Law Firm Award: Webber and Thies, P.C., Urbana, $7,557 and 471 pounds of food
- Small Law Firm Award: Fombelle and Fombelle, LLP, Forsyth, $3,050
- Best Law School Award (per capita): Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, $920.58 and 103 pounds of food
- Best Government/Non-Profit Award: Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation, East St. Louis, $6,801 and 144 pounds of food
- Food Bank Award: Eastern Illinois Food Bank
Lawyers Feeding Illinois was also supported by Illinois judges, who placed collection containers for non-perishable food items in courthouses in all parts of the state. Additional financial support for the project came from Attorneys’ Title Guaranty Fund and ISBA Mutual Insurance Company. Numerous local, ethnic and special bar associations also participated. Information about the campaign is available at www.lawyersfeedingil.org.
Feeding Illinois is a coalition of eight Feeding America food banks providing food to 1,885 agencies, including food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters that feed 1.4 million residents across the state. The organization is committed to educating people about the role of food banks in addressing hunger and raising awareness of the need to devote more resources and attention to hunger issues. Feeding Illinois is made up of Central Illinois Foodbank, Eastern Illinois Foodbank, Greater Chicago Food Depository, Northern Illinois Food Bank, the Peoria Area Food Bank, River Bend Foodbank, St. Louis Area Foodbankand Tri-State Foodbank.