Metropolitan Airport Authority seeking legal services
Metropolitan Airport Authority of Rock Island County Illinois, hereinafter referred to as the Authority, is located in Moline, Illinois. Its staff consists of approximately 80 regular full-time and part-time employees of the Authority and its wholly owned subsidiary, QCIA Airport Services, L.L.C. Additional seasonal workers are employed during the summer and winter months. There is one bargaining unit representing public safety and non-public safety employees. Further information about the Authority’s government can be found at http://www.qcairport.com.
The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to obtain proposals from qualified law firms to provide employment and labor relations legal services for the Authority. The firm must have substantial experience in the area of employment law, including labor contract negotiation experience with public sector entities in Illinois.
Scope of Work
While the exact range and extent of services is negotiable, it is anticipated that the selected firm shall provide, at a minimum, professional legal services to include advice and consultation on employment issues such as equal employment opportunity, Family Medical Leave Act, interpretation and negotiation of Collective Bargaining Agreements, and arbitration representation.
Specific Response Requirements
All proposals should be submitted in accordance with the instructions detailed below. Responses should address the following requests for information or questions.
1.Letter of Transmittal
Each proposal should be accompanied by a letter of transmittal which summarizes the key points of the proposal and which is signed by an authorized officer.
2.Firm Experience and Qualifications
- Provide an overview of the firm including the location of your firm’s primary office, as well as any other offices in the State of Illinois or other states.
- Provide a summary of your firm’s qualifications, including demonstrated specialization in the following areas:
- Equal Employment Opportunity/Discrimination Law
- Illinois Public Sector Labor Law/Arbitration/Negotiation and Interpretation of Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Family Medical Leave Act/ADA
- Affirmative Action
- Describe your firm’s relevant public sector labor practice for the past five (5) years.
- Describe your firm’s equal employment opportunity policies and programs.
- Submit evidence of errors and omissions insurance coverage.
- Submit three (3) references for Illinois public sector entities with contact names and direct line telephone numbers.
3.Legal Services Team
- Provide summaries of experience for each individual who would be assigned to represent the Authority. Then describe the specific roles that each attorney would be expected to play with respect to the Authority and identify the lead or senior attorney.
- Provide detailed resumes for each of the attorneys summarized above.
4.Conflicts of Interest
Describe any material financial relationships that you or your firm or any employee has with any individual or organization that may create a conflict of interest in representing the Authority.
Second, describe any family relationship that any employee of your firm has with any public servant that may create a conflict of interest or the appearance of a conflict of interest in representing the Authority.
Third, describe any other matter that your firm believes may create a conflict of interest or the appearance of a conflict of interest in representing the Authority and the manner in which such conflicts described in this paragraph will be resolved.
It is requested that you provide an hourly fee proposal for lead attorney, associates and staff as applicable. This fee proposal should clearly delineate reimbursable expenses as well as overhead charges. This proposal should also delineate any rate adjustment such as the difference between the typical rate versus public sector rate. Rate must also include what increment of time is billable. Indicate whether the firm will hold the fee proposal for one, two, or three years. Provide detailed outline of your firm’s billing procedures.
6.Evaluation Criteria and Selection Process
Proposals will be judged upon the proposer’s ability to provide services which meet the requirements set forth in this RFP document.
The Authority reserves the right to make such investigations as it deems necessary to determine the ability of the proposer to provide services meeting a satisfactory level of performance in accordance with Authority requirements. Proposers shall furnish such information and data for this purpose as the Authority may request.
Interviews and on-site presentations or conference calls by one, several or all of the proposers may be requested by evaluators if deemed necessary to fully understand and compare the proposers’ capabilities. While the Authority reserves the right to interview any or all proposers, award of a contract may be made without discussion with proposers after proposals are received.
The Metropolitan Airport Authority reserves the right to award the responsible firm whose proposal is judged to offer the most advantages to the Authority with the Authority being the sole judge thereof; to negotiate with any or all proposers; to reject any or all proposals, in whole or any part thereof, and to re-solicit for proposals in such an event; and to waive any minor technicalities or informalities in accordance with the Authority’s determination of its own best interests.
- Proposals, including any/all attachments, cover letter and tabs should not exceed ten (10) pages in length on 8 ½” x 11” paper, single spaced using a minimum font size of 12 pt. Please do not provide any marketing materials.
- Proposals shall be scanned as a PDF file and submitted in electronic format via email to the email address below. Faxed proposals will not be accepted.
- Five (5) original hard copies of the proposal to be submitted to the P.O. Box below.
- Electronic proposal and hard copies must be received by December 21, 2016 at 4:30 P.M.
- Proposals are to be submitted to:
Director of Aviation
2200 69th Ave., P.O. Box 9009
Moline, IL 61265
Attn: Employment Attorney RFP
Subject line shall be: Employment Attorney RFP
- Any questions regarding the RFP should be addressed to the Director of Aviation.
Selection of the successful firm is expected to be completed by January 31, 2017.