Office of Inspector General Seeks Assistant Inspector General
The Office of Executive Inspector General (OEIG) is hiring an assistant inspector general in Springfield. The incumbent is responsible for drafting final summary reports for investigative cases conducted by the OEIG under the auspices of the State Officials and Employees Ethics Act, and conducting or assisting with research relating to legal, investigative, disciplinary, and other relevant issues. This position involves working with information of an extremely sensitive and confidential nature associated with investigations and legal proceedings.
Minimum requirements for consideration are:
- graduation from an accredited law school;
- successful completion of the Uniform Bar Examination or license to practice law in the United States;
- admittance to Illinois State Bar within one year of acceptance of an AIG positions;
- prior legal experience in the area of ethics, criminal or labor/employment law is desirable;
- ability to balance multiple concurrent priorities;
- high ethical standards and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential materials;
- ability to travel, including overnight;
- flexibility to work independently and in a team environment;
- excellent interpersonal, analytical, research, writing, organizational, and communication skills; and
- demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and internet applications.
For more information, visit the OEIG website. Interested applicants should select the employment tab and click the "apply for open position link."