The fifth Solo & Small Firm Practice Institute will be held on Thursday, May 14 in at the ISBA Chicago Office, 20 S. Clark. This program will focus on “Protecting Your Practice: Finances and Technology.”
As a solo or small firm attorney, you have worked hard to build your practice, manage your time, and prepare for the future. Now it’s time to protect everything you’ve accomplished. Join us for this in-depth look at how you can continue building your practice, promote yourself online, and enjoy your profession – all while avoiding various ethical traps along the way. Attorneys who are new solo or small firm practitioners – and those thinking about becoming one – who attend this seminar, will better understand:
- The ethical issues you need to be aware of regarding client confidentiality;
- How to protect your retainers, fees, and income;
- How to properly use IOLTA accounts;
- The financial details involved in starting your own firm;
- How to network during business events;
- The risks associated with using social media to promote your practice;
- How to balance stress with a happy personal and professional life;
- The top causes for grievances against lawyers;
- And much more!
Find out more and register at tinyurl.com/ok55gqe.